Here are the pics I took on today’s hike in Colorado Springs. It’s so nice to get back to daily walks with my camera like I was doing in California. Until the weather turns, I’ll be exploring a different area each time. This is definitely one of the most gorgeous outdoor states there is (despite that it gets cold!)
Tag Archives: Colorado
Lions, Tigers and Bears ~ Oh My!
These were taken at the zoo last year in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
Besides offering fine art prints and cards, my work will appeal to those interested in stock photography as well.
- Colorado zoos named to TripAdvisor’s top 10 in the country (Slideshow) (bizjournals.com)
- Aging elephant dies during move to Colorado zoo (khou.com)
- Mammatus Sunset Over Boulder Colorado (bestartsgallery.com)
Doc’s Gasoline Alley and The Barker House
Doc’s Gasoline Alley and the Barker House are located in Manitou Springs, Colorado. This quaint little tourist town full of friendly people was one of my favorite places to visit while shooting on location in Colorado.
- Campgrounds in Manitou Springs, Colorado (livestrong.com)
- Worldly Winter Destinations (tuppersteam.com)
Believe it or not, this became one of my favorite objects to photograph while shooting on location in Manitou Springs, Colorado with a colleague.
Thus far, my editing skills are fairly basic. I really enjoy seeing the different styles and looks you can get from the same picture though. I have Adobe Photoshop Elements 8 and Lightroom 4 although, there seems to be a definite learning curve to the software.
- How to Use Perspective Warp and Adobe Creative Cloud’s Other New Features (shutterstock.com)
- Photoshop Versus Lightroom Which is Right for You? (digital-photography-school.com)
- 35 Incredibly Useful Adobe Lightroom Tutorials (contrastly.com)
- Adobe promises access to Lightroom photos even after subscription ends (cnet.com)
Moving to Colorado
These are a couple of the sites we saw driving into Colorado from the west coast while moving here. We were just in time to see the end of all the beautiful fall colors, as winter began making its way over the slopes.
To view the high quality originals of any watermarked images, please visit Life Inspired Photography. Thank you!
Central Colorado Winter Scenes
Rocky Mountain Big Horn Sheep
Traveling through the central Rocky Mountains in Colorado brought many interesting sights. These rocky mountain big horn sheep we found grazing by the roadside were one of my favorite. With barely a shoulder to pull over on, there were soon many other vehicles willing to risk getting stuck in the snow for a few pics like these.